I suggest you ...

Feature - sub-directories

Need ability to have nested directories/folders to better organize 1000's of documents

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ecphorizerecphorizer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian FuryIan Fury commented  · 

I am considering the use of OpenDocMan as a cost effective system to manage CAD files/Engineering Drawings. For this to happen I need the ability to organise drawings under a hierarchy of folders and sub-folders.

• Abhishek chavanAbhishek chavan commented  · 

Please implement the folder and subfolder funda while adding the file. I and my team waiting for this.....

• DavidDavid commented  · 

When a systems contains tens of thousands of documents (as mine does) search will ALWAYS return more results than are useful. Often, you are not sure what words will occur in the document you are looking for, making search pointless. What you need is a way to browse. Browsing is best when there is a granular filing system based on folders and sub-folders. This does not have a negative impact on search but it does make finding a document much easier when you are not sure of the exact contents. I would find this feature extremely useful.

• jer5eyjer5ey commented  · 

I think this would defeat the point and logic of opendocman:).... but searchability should be improved to see immediately what you want.

• MarianMarian commented  · 

when will this feature will be developed?
        greetings!

Feedback and Knowledge Base